Monday, August 10, 2009

Dolly Parton

Dolly Parton is a music icon. I have been aware of her since I was very small. My mom listened to the Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmy-lou Harris album that had little paper dolls of each of the three women. They each had two or three outfits that could be punched out and put on. One outfit was a casual outfit (jeans with cowboy boots) and one was a little more fancy, for performances. I loved to play with those tiny paper dolls and I think that my love of those ladies was born then. Dolly Parton was then and has become one of my favourite musicians.

Favourite songs include: Apple Jack, I Will Always Love You, Sparrow When She Flies, 9 to 5

I went to see her perform in November, here in Winnipeg and took my mom for her birthday. Dolly was luminous! At 64 years of age, she was young and funny, spectacular to watch and sang like an angel. Check her out if you can!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment