Thursday, July 9, 2009

Elvis lives!

Well, not really. I am not one of those crazy people who believes that Elvis Presley never actually passed away, that it was some weird conspiracy to get Elvis into rehab and out of the limelight. Believe what you want about that, I say.

I saw Elvis Costello perform at the Winnipeg Folk Festival last night. He was incredible! His band is so talented. I love the rockabilly/country sensibilites of the band. Music you can dance to, sing along with, and generally enjoy (outdoors, on a tarp, in a wide open field, at sunset, with your friends!) It doesn't really get much better than that.

I've been hearing a lot about Elvis Costello lately. He married Canadian jazz darling, Diana Krall. He has a new show on Bravo. And then suddenly, he's playing the Folk Fest. I was so excited when I heard the news! And he did not disappoint! If you get the chance, GO AND SEE HIM! It's worth it!

Happy Folk Festing!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment