Monday, July 6, 2009

Winnipeg Folk Festival

More simply known as "Folk Fest" by those of us who attend/work/volunteer there, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is coming to town, or rather Bird's Hill Provincial Park starting Wednesday, July 8.

I am extremely excited about this year's addition of the Wednesday night! This is the first time (since I've started attending, which actually hasn't been that long, I must admit) that the festival has extended into Wednesday night. Martha Wainwright, Elvis Costello and a group that I have been hearing a fair amount of buzz about, The Lovell Sisters are playing the Main Stage that night. I have been assured by both of my crew chiefs (I volunteer in take-out area of the kitchen) that everything will be cleaned up by 7 which means that we can head out to watch the performances as soon as they start!

Check out the folk fest website for more info: http://www.winnipegfolkfestival.ca/wp/

Stay tuned for further updates.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment